Monday, June 18, 2012

Storykeep - Magical Arrival: The Fifth Post

After I finished the Melon color on Thursday, wow it's pink, it seemed too early to post, so I went ahead and did the Mocha Brown color as well and took a picture with every intention of posting.  But I was on a roll so I continued on.

I've completed 16 colors since my last post.  I did a whole bunch of greens and have the leaves almost completely done.  I have five skeins of thread that I bought when I made a Jo Ann's run that I mentioned in an earlier post.  I'm going to fill in those, then find holes to fill in, like those five missing stitches in the toe of the stocking, it looks like there's a hole in it or something.

The five colors I'll be working on are pinks, reds, and reddish browns, so more of the stocking will be filled in for the next post.

He's going so well I think I'm going to procrastinate on the Christmas Cactus for now, I just need to get it done before they return on the 30th, that's still plenty of time.  I think.

It's amazing how two different pictures of the same item can look so different.  The picture on the left was taken with the Ott-lite in the middle of the night.  The one on the right was taken near a window in mid afternoon.  Maybe the blue reflection from my parent's pool caused the strange coloring.  Who knows.  I've also been taking all my pictures with my iPhone, because I always have it with me, it's a pretty decent camera, and I'd like the pictures to be as consistent as I can make them.  I'm still working on them being consistent as these two obviously show.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Storykeep - Magical Arrival
Original Artist: Anne Stokes
Pattern by: Heaven and Earth Designs
Started Stitching: January 31, 2012
Fabric: 18ct. White Aida
Floss: DMC 2 over 1
Percentage: 68.10% complete
Colors: 39 of 89 complete
Stitches: 16,191 out of 23,775

No comments:

Post a Comment