Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Anthera: First Post

Well, after the disappointment of not being able to finish Colombina, and further disappointment of the thread being out of stock where I normally order it from, I've done quite a bit on Anthera in just one day.  Almost 34% of the total!  I'm feeling much better about being able to finish both of these in time for the holidays.  I pretty much have no doubt that I will get them done in time.  To the right is a reminder of what it looks like.

First up, here's a pic of the fabric and a portion of the thread I'm using, Caron Waterlilies Salt & Pepper.  The fabric is very lightly dyed, I was actually impressed that the difference in colors was visible in this picture.


Next up is the center of the piece.  Basically the "body" of the butterfly.

And this is where it is now:

The bottom part is done.  I'm going to start on the eyes and get the filament out of the way, which, if Colombina was any indication, will be the most annoying part of the piece.  Luckily there are less stitches around the eyes that need the filament than on Colombina.  I'm hoping to get enough done today that I'll have to bore you with yet another post tomorrow!

Project Stats:
Pattern: Anthera
Pattern by: Fire Wing Designs
Started Stitching: November 13, 2012
Fabric: 28ct. hand-dyed Evenweave
Floss: Caron Waterlilies 2 over 2, or 3 over 2 with black filament
Percentage: 33.85% complete
Stitches: 1,212 out of 3,580 complete

1 comment:

  1. How pretty =) I hope that you'll have more luck with this one =) and I have no doubt that you will be able to finish these in time =)

    ReplyDelete