Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Colombina: Third Post

I've been a bad, bad girl.  I started two other projects while I swore to myself that I wouldn't start any until after I had finished one.  So this will be a quick post as I have tons of things I want to finish by the end of the year, and less time to do it in.

On the other hand, I'm incredibly close to finishing Colombina.  Here it is after I completed one side:

And here it is right now:

No, your eyes are not deceiving you.  I have not completed the last curl.  Why, you may ask, am I posting with the project being merely 79 stitches from being complete?  I'm glad you asked, I ran out of thread!  Can you believe it?  :(  So off I go to buy one more skein, and while I'm at it I'm going to order an extra skein of the color I'm using for Anthera, just to be sure.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Colombina
Pattern by: Fire Wing Designs
Started Stitching: September 28, 2012
Fabric: 28ct. hand-dyed Evenweave
Floss: Caron Waterlilies 2 over 2, or 3 over 2 with silver filament
Percentage: 97.84% complete
Stitches: 3,579 out of 3,658 complete

So we'll see what happens first, will I get far enough on Anthera to post before my thread arrives to finish Colombina?  I feel like I'm writing a cheesy cliffhanger for a television show.

No comments:

Post a Comment