Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Messy... but MINE!: Second Post - Complete

Can you believe it?  Two finishes in two days!  It's very exciting.

Okay, I have a ton of pics... well 6.  I just took pictures and continued on.  It took less time to stitch the remainder of the project than I thought.

First picture.  This is the original coloring of the bear:
I showed it to my family, my mother's response was noncommittal  however my sister flat out said he was the wrong color.  Honestly it was bugging me too, but I convinced myself that it was okay.  But with her response I pulled out everything and tried again.  When completed I sent her the following picture to ask for her opinion:
Yes, that is Whitey.  I originally wasn't going to post this pic, but I think it turned out cute so I decided to.  Of course my sister's response was he needed eyes and a nose.  Sigh.  I don't know how most people stitch, but I try to do all back stitching at the very end.  So he will remain featureless for the time being.

I then went on to put in all the color that didn't have the Kreinick filament or braid, nor had any back stitching:

And finally the GOLD, and silver...

Finally the wording that makes it make sense:

And finally the black!

Project Stats:
Pattern: Messy... But MINE!
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams
Started Stitching: November 8, 2012
Finished Stitching: November 20, 2012
Fabric: 28ct. DMC Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid

Right before I started working on this post I texted the finished picture to my mother and sister.  My sister's response made me giggle, "I think if your room was messy with piles of gold we'd all let it slide."  I wish!

So now I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I have a few projects I want to finish before we go on a framing run which will probably be early next year.  I want to do the piece that's similar to this one No Late Knight Snacking, as well as SK Magical Arrival, a bead weaving project, Colombina, Lost Dragon Sampler, and Tales of Wonder.  I highly doubt I'll be able to get all of these done.  But it will be fun finding out which ones I do get done.

2 comments:

  1. It's so cute and I love the bear-piccy =)
    Congrats on this finish =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finish - I think he looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete