Sunday, December 2, 2012

No Late Knight Snacking: First Post

Well, I've already finished the two colors that I said I'd do on No Late Knight Snacking.  That took me a lot less time to do than I anticipated.  I did have a small portion already completed, I was showing my cousin's daughter how to cross stitch, I gave her white Aida cloth and I was playing with this.  But even with the small amount to the left of the eye complete it only took me until 8 pm after yesterday's post.

On the left the front of the pamphlet for the project, on the right, my progress pic:

I'm using the same fabric I used for Messy... but MINE! to keep the same feel for both of them.  I'm toying with the idea of using silver blending filament in all of the knight's armor.  I found that the Kreinick blending filament works much better than the silver sewing thread I had used on Colombina and the black thread I used on Anthera.  I might also add some sparkle to his helmet plumage.

I also think I'm going to give the knight a nose and mouth.

Project Stats:
Pattern: No Late Knight Snacking
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams
Started Stitching: November 22, 2012
Fabric: 28ct. DMC Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 39.73% complete
Stitches: 809 out of 2,036 complete

What I did find interesting is that there are less stitches in this entire piece, 2,036, than are left on A Mother's Pride, 2,176.  But I won't let that stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment