Friday, April 26, 2013

Mini Roses: First Post

While I was working on my sister's tulips I found I had quite a bit of the white beads already strung on wire.  And I didn't have a gift yet for Mother's Day.  My sister's birthday, my dad's birthday and mother's day are celebrated within two weeks of each other.  I usually forget at least one while I'm buying or making presents.  So when I realized I still didn't have a gift for my mother I decided to make some mini roses since I thought they looked pretty nice in the book.

Like the tulips, the roses are two parts that need to be combined (not including the leaves).

The small, three leaf clusters on the left will be attached to the flower stems.
Then I had some fun.  I wanted more greenery to go in the arrangement, so I just started making bunches of leaves.  I looked at my mother's real mini rose outside to get an idea of what they should look like.
What I found odd was the largest leaves were on the ends of the stems and the smaller ones were toward the base.  Lesson of the day: Nature is weird.

The picture above are the two parts of the six flowers together.  Below is a close-up.

I have a fun little project to attempt for the vase for these guys.  That'll probably be sometime next week.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Mini Roses
Flower Design: Dalene Kelly
Arrangement Design: Me
Started: April 24, 2013
Beads: 11/0 Czech Seed Beads
Wire: 26 ga. floral wire and Artistic Wire

No comments:

Post a Comment