Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nephew 2's Blanket: First Post

Before I started this blog I had made a blanket for my nephew before he was born.  It was the first "large" crochet project I had ever done.  I had made a scarf for my mother... I need to find that and photograph it... but never anything as large as a blanket.  It didn't come out perfectly rectangular, but I think it looks pretty good:

Well, now I have a second nephew on its way, and I know I can't not make him one too.  I decided to use the same pattern so they're the same size, and I just really like the pattern.  However, this time I'm using a different color yarn so that they can tell the two apart.  The yarn arrived last Thursday.
This time, since I know it's a boy before starting, I got the blue and green yarn called Swim.

I started working on it Sunday and got pretty far in one night (It's laying on my lap):

Today I finished one of the skeins.  It will be a total of 4 to 5 skeins

Project Stats:
Project: Nephew 2's Blanket
Pattern: Pink & Blue for Baby
Pattern by: Teresa Smith
Started Crocheting: May 19, 2013
Yarn: Red Heart Baby-Econo Swim
Percentage: 25% complete (approx.)

No comments:

Post a Comment