Saturday, July 6, 2013

Completed Project Add: Beaded Flowers - Shamrocks and Apple Blossoms

I'm posting this midnight on Saturday so I actually post on Saturday, for a change.

This was actually my first commissioned project.  A friend at her work was asked about making beaded flowers and she knew I made them.  So she asked if I minded talking to her, I told her I would love to.

The woman had bought a vase in Dublin, Ireland.  It looks like a tree stump with shamrocks painted on it.

Going through some of my books we combined shamrocks, to match the ones painted on the stump and apple blossoms to match the white of the stump.

This is how it looked when I finished according to my design:

I decided that it needed more shamrocks, so I made a few more and added them in:
The photo was very dark, so I had to play around with it.  I'm rather bummed that I don't have any really good pictures of this.  And, unlike most of my other pieces, I have no way of getting it back to rephotograph.

One thing I did learn while making this, was I charged her way too little for how long it took me to make.  But it was my first experience, like just about everything, it's a learning process.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Shamrocks and Apple Blossoms
Flower Design: Dalene Kelly
Arrangement Design: Me
Started: June 2007
Finished: August 22, 2007
Beads: 11/0 Czech Seed Beads
Wire: 26 ga. floral wire and Artistic Wire

I have been working on items.  A little bit on my nephew's blanket, a little bit on my sister's ornament, and I finally found You Are Never Too Old, so I decided to see if I could finish that up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment