Saturday, August 17, 2013

Completed Project Add: Bead Weaving - Carquinez Mascot

This is the third of the three very similar beading projects that I made for my family.

I think this might be my favorite. I like the design that I came up with for the bottom edge.

This is the mascot for the middle school I attended and my mother worked at.  I really think he came out well, he's the same size as the one I gave to my sister, 2" (50mm) wide by 2.75" (73mm) tall.  I was worried when I started designing it.  I hadn't made too many at this point, as he was my third, but I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of detail I was able to get by just using the beads.  You may be able to notice I had to make the top few rows narrower to fit between the finials on the bar.  It's a little shorter than the others, but I thought it worked best of the four styles for this design

Project Stats:
Pattern: Carquinez Mascot
Pattern by: Me
Finished Beading: 2007
Beads: 11/0 Delicas
Thread: Red Nymo Size B
Percentage: 100% complete
Rows: 77 of 77 complete
Beads: 1,339 of 1,339 complete

No comments:

Post a Comment