Sunday, August 4, 2013

Here Be Dragons: First Post

So in my current fashion, I started another project, and almost have it completed.  This is Here Be Dragons, by Dragon Dreams.  There are two small charts in this one pack.  The actual Here Be Dragons chart and then a second called Compass Rose Dragon.  He has the same colors that I had to pull for Here Be Dragons, so expect to see him soon.

This is fashioned after the very old maps that were never very accurate, and many times in places unexplored they drew a sea monster of some sort.  Here, however, the dragons almost seem to be protecting the earth, at least in my opinion.

So first up I started working on the blues of the oceans and white of the ice caps.  Can you find your continent?

Now all the land is in... can you see your house from here?
Is it just me or does it appear that Australia is attached to Antarctica?  Well, as I mentioned, maps in the old days were never very accurate.

The greens of the dragons are now in.

I only have four colors left, and there are hardly any stitches on those four.  I'm hoping to finish tonight, but it's probably more likely I'll finish tomorrow.  Back to stitching I go!

Project Stats:
Pattern: Here Be Dragons
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams
Started Stitching: July 11, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. DMC Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 89.59% complete
Stitches: 2,686 out of 2,998 complete

3 comments:

  1. I love the Dragon Dreams patterns too. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Australia didn't exist in those days! America didn't resist either but a little detail like that would never stop an American from thinking they are the centre of the World LOL.

    All joking aside, it is a lovely design. Dragons Dreams are one of my favourite stitches this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait... we're not the center of the world? When the heck did that happen? ;D

      I've been watching you stitch the 12 Dragonlets of Christmas from Dragon Dreams, it makes me want to work on mine. Dragon Dreams is sure taking quite a bit of my stitching time this year.

      Delete