Thursday, September 26, 2013

12 Dragonlets of Christmas: Fifteenth Post - Complete

Yay it's done, it feels good to finish something after such a long time.  So, after many hours of designing borders, deleting things that didn't work, and, of course, the stitching, 12 Dragonlets of Christmas is done.  Are you ready to take a look?

So this is at the bottom, you can see the border above it.  I added two poinsettias which I slightly modified from the library on my stitching program, and I added some words between them, can you read them without the backstitching?

Well, it might have been easy to guess, just look at the post title.  But here's the backstitching added:
Normally I take the picture before I "sign" it, but I specifically left a space for my signature when I designed it, so I figured I should put it in.

And here it is in all it's glory:

It really is complete.  I haven't designed anything I like for the drum face, so I'm probably not going to add anything after all.  Who knows, something might show up there by the time I frame it.

Project Stats:
Pattern: 12 Dragonlets of 2012
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams Facebook Page
Started Stitching: September 6, 2013
Finished Stitching: September 25, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Legacy Cashel Linen
Floss: DMC & ThreadworX 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 100% complete
Stitches: 4,175 out of 4,175 complete

Well, I hope you enjoyed watching this take shape.  I don't know why, but I really thought this was going to take much longer to stitch.  I even had a stint last weekend of no stitching since I was out of town.  And now it's about time to start focusing on Christmas presents.  It'll be here before I know it, that's usually what happens.  See you next post!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely finish - I have to get moving on mine now for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've finished this. Have you posted it on the Dragons Dreams FB page? I'm sure they will love it too. I'm still going with mine, one a month. I'm still uncertain which drummer to use.

    ReplyDelete