Wednesday, September 11, 2013

12 Dragonlets of Christmas: Fifth Post

One more done.  I have 5 out of 12 completed.  This one is #12 Dragons Drumming/a.  No, that /a is not a typo.  Jennifer made two different versions of Dragons Drumming.  I decided to go with the "a" version, the dragon with the full drum set, instead of the bongos #12 Dragons Drumming/b.

First up... dragon colors:
I showed this to a friend and he said it reminded him of Super Mario Brothers.  The original one.  I kind of see it.

Next the rest of the colors without backstitching... wait... what's that backstitching doing there?  Okay, I might have forgotten to take the picture at the right time.  I was just so antsy to get him done.
For the gold around the bass drum I decided to use 002V.  I didn't want it to outshine the golden rings, they should shine the most.

And the rest of the backstitching:
I'm rather tempted to put something in the middle of the bass drum.  Jennifer suggested initials or a date, but they won't fit the way I want.  I'm going to think about it for a bit.  I have a few ideas, I'm just not sure how to implement them.

This was the last one that contains Kreinick thread.  I think I know which one I'm doing next... maybe I'll start him now, even though it's almost 1 am.  Maybe I can convince myself to stop after the greens and I'll finish it up before I go to work tomorrow.

Project Stats:
Pattern: 12 Dragonlets of 2012
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams Facebook Page
Started Stitching: September 6, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Legacy Cashel Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 30.41% complete
Stitches: 1,270 out of 4,175 complete

No comments:

Post a Comment