Monday, September 16, 2013

12 Dragonlets of Christmas: Thirteenth Post

Are you ready for the layout?  Here's how everything looked after I finished #10 earlier tonight:
I find it interesting that when I put them on my WIP page they ended up in the same layout by pure chance just due to the width of the pictures and the width of my blog space.

I next added in some borders to separate each dragonlet of Christmas.  It took me a while to come up with something to go there.  I was trying to decide if I wanted to do just backstitching or single cross stitches, but that seemed too boring.  After quite a bit of playing around I decided to go with a stitch I originally stitched on two previous Dragon Dreams charts, Lost Dragon Sampler and Tales of Wonder, called a herringbone stitch.  I decided to use a variegated thread by ThreadworX called Christmas Candy, and here's how it turned out:
I had purchased three skeins of the thread, but I didn't even use half of one, oh well, I'm sure I'll find something else one day to use it on.  I was kind of hoping that the border would be a little bit more random, but I think it looks nice the way it is.  Actually I probably don't need to do anything else but frame it, but... where's the fun in that?

Project Stats:
Pattern: 12 Dragonlets of 2012
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams Facebook Page
Started Stitching: September 6, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Legacy Cashel Linen
Floss: DMC & ThreadworX 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 70.75% complete
Stitches: 2,954 out of 4,175 complete

You may notice no change in the stats, that's because I really don't know how to count backstitching as stitches, also when I added these to the program I made them as backstitches, and the program counts backstitching in inches, not stitches, it was 99.79" or 8.3' (2.5m) if you're curious.

So on with the next bit, it's going to take a bit longer than this bit.  I have no idea how long, so I'll just say I'll be back when I'm back.

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching your progress with each dragonlet, and love how they all look together. I especially love the herringbone border between them and the colours of that thread! Can't wait to see it when you finally decide that you've finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, they have turned out really great!

    ReplyDelete