Sunday, October 27, 2013

Nephew 2's Blanket: Fourth Post

I've been slacking on working on this for quite a while now, but since my sister believes she's going to have my nephew at any instant, I've been working on his blanket.  I must have it done before he's born!

I finished up all the rows:

All I have left is the border.  I'm already about ¾ of the way done with the border, and I did finish up the fourth skein while working on the border.  I really wanted to finish, but I needed a break, my brain and my hands were just done.  I should finish it up Sunday when I get home from work.

Project Stats:
Project: Nephew 2's Blanket
Pattern: Pink & Blue for Baby
Pattern by: Teresa Smith
Started Crocheting: May 19, 2013
Yarn: Red Heart Baby-Econo Swim
Percentage: 90% complete (approx.)

Since I wanted to make sure the two blankets were as identical as I could make them, I borrowed the blanket I made for my first nephew, Logan.  We were all at my parents house and I took them with me to work on, I was laying them both out on the floor and Logan started helping me smooth them out and get them flat.  Then he laid down on his blanket and just started saying "I love my blanket" over and over again:
I became rather speechless and insanely happy, so I took a picture and I gave him a big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment