Monday, November 4, 2013

You Are My Gift: Second Post

I started working on the second ornament for my sister's Christmas present.  I actually did all of the cross stitches on July 3rd.  However I got derailed shortly after.

I started with the stocking and eggshells:

Followed by all the greens not in the baby dragon:

And this shot is practically the same as the other one, all the cross stitches are done, all that's left is backstitching.

I worked on the backstitching yesterday after I finished Logan's name and finished it up this morning.

I am so glad I'm done with this.  I still really didn't like working on this fabric.  I really like Picture this Plus' fabric, but this weave was just too tight, it was difficult for me to stitch on it, but it looks good.

Project Stats:
Pattern: You Are My Gift, Ornament #2
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams
Started Stitching: July 3, 2013
Finished Stitching: November 4, 2013
Fabric: 40ct. Legacy Newcastle Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2; Kreinik 1 over 2; Fuzzy Stuff 1 strand
Percentage: 100% complete
Stitches: 740 out of 740 complete

As I mentioned before these are going to be ornaments, hopefully ball ornaments, I've seen some really nice ones online, hopefully I can do as good a job as some I've seen.  So, one side will be the cross stitched dragon and dragonlet, on the other side will be my nephews' names and birth dates.

I did the first one on July 1st, it only took an hour or so:
I tried to use the text "You Are My Gift" as a base and make this look like the same font.

Now I just need my second nephew to be born, yes he's still being stubborn, and I can finish the second one.  Oh and I guess I should assemble them, I think it'll be easier to assemble both of them at the same time.

1 comment: