Sunday, January 26, 2014

Compass Rose Dragon: First Post

Finally, I started working on the second half of the Here Be Dragons charts, the Compass Rose Dragon.  To see the front page of the chart pack just go to the original post for Here Be Dragons.  I was cleaning up the piles of thread and realized one pile was for this, I decided to stitch it before putting the thread away.

I  actually got quite far today.  I started with the compass part, the blues, and the yellow middle.

Then added the reds and the red of the compass.

And finally the rest of the compass except for the navy blue outer circle since the entire thing is back stitched in navy blue, so I'll do that color last right before I start back stitching.

Now it's time to continue on to the dragon.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Here Be Dragons - Compass Rose Dragon
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams
Started Stitching: January 26, 2014
Fabric: 28ct. DMC Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 57.68% complete
Stitches: 1,006 out of 1,774 complete

No comments:

Post a Comment