Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Lion: First Post

So this was my first new start of the year.  I wasn't going to start anything, but I just couldn't help myself.  It's a cute little picture of two lion cubs.  I don't usually do cute like this, but I just liked it.  In fact, I like most of these little guys created by Gloria & Pat.  This one is The Lion, and since lions are my favorite it is the first one I've decided to do.

I was part of the fabric of the month club with Picture this Plus until they abolished it just last month.  So I have quite a few little swatches of 32 count Lugana.  I found one that I thought this would look good on, Ancient.

I did the color with the most stitches, they are quite clear already.

Next I added two darker colors.

Then two lighter colors.

That's where I left off this evening.  My wrist was starting to hurt when I was stitching so I decided to quit for the night.

Project Stats:
Pattern: The Lion
Pattern by: Gloria & Pat
Started Stitching: January 9, 2014
Fabric: 32ct. Ancient Lugana
Floss: DMC 2 over 2
Percentage: 50.05% complete
Stitches: 2,318 out of 4,631 complete

No comments:

Post a Comment