Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mel's Crochet Blanket - Completed

I realized that I did not have a birthday present for my sister whose birthday was at the end of April.  I had some yarn that I bought over a year and a half ago for a blanket for her.  I decided to finally make the blanket.

I went through a book that was given to me, "The Crochet Stitch Bible" and found a pattern that I liked.  I crocheted the first two skein, then found a mistake in the first skein, which I was going to leave, but the more I thought about it the more it bugged me.  So about ¾ of the work came out and I continued on.

Here's the first two skeins:
April 20, 2016 - 12:20 am
The rest of this will be predominantly pictures.
Four Skeins
April 21, 2016 - 11:05 pm
 Six Skeins:
April 25, 2016 - 11:36 am
Almost eight skeins, I didn't have enough to do another row, you can see what's remaining on the left hand side, getting ready for the border:
April 25, 2016 - 5:11 pm
Finally complete:
April 25, 2016 - 8:38 am
I made up the border based on the rest of the pattern.  I will say borders are still my weakest part.  I appear to not space my stitches very well, they never lay flat, but blankets rarely lay flat, so most people won't notice.  The overall size ended up being 4.5' x 6' (1.37m x 1.82m).

Project Stats:
Project: Mel's Blanket
Pattern: Relief Wave Stitch
Pattern by: The Crochet Stitch Bible
Started Crocheting: April 19, 2016
Finished Crocheting: April 25, 2016
Yarn: Bernat: Blanket - Silver Steel
Percentage: 100% complete

My sister's birthday was on the 28th, so I was very proud of myself getting it done on time.  She has informed me that it is very warm.  Too bad summer is just around the corner, but there's still a little bit of time to use it before it gets too warm at night.

1 comment: