Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Punch of Color Girls 4: First Post

I had mentioned this picture on my blog, a long time ago.  I honestly don't know when.  I had liked Hannah Lynn's designs, her choice of bold, bright colors against the stark black outline.  I had wanted to work on one, but none appealed to me enough to actually take the time to stitch it.  Until I found this one, Punch of Color Girls 4.

She's a little bit like me, a tomboy.  It looks like she's wearing overalls, like a boy, and looks like she has just about the same amount of paint on her as she does on whatever she was painting and doesn't seem to bothered at all.  However, she's still girly, which I find myself being from time to time.

I actually started her a while back, November of last year.  I decided I was going to do her all at once, extreme cross country, pretty much the opposite of what I did on my last post.  So I started with all the black and just started stitching...

and stitching... Ohh!  I found an arm!

and stitching... and... hair...

...and stitching... a hat!

...and stitching... more hair (she definitely has more than me)...

...and stitching....
There she is!  I did most of the bottom right hand corner after I finished page 2 of Planet Dragons.  I thought I had taken a picture just after I'd finished her eye which is where she actually sat for quite a while, but apparently I hadn't, so there's a big jump between the last two pictures.

I'm thinking I'm going to do the white next, which is over 20,000 stitches.  You might not see her again for a while.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Punch of Color Girls 4
Original Artist: Hannah Lynn
Pattern by: Heaven and Earth Designs
Started Stitching: November 8, 2015
Fabric: 28ct. White Evenweave
Floss: DMC 1 over 1
Percentage: 12.51% complete
Colors Stitched: 1 of 89 complete
Stitches: 8,839 out of 70,631 complete

Hmm... now what am I going to work on?

4 comments:

  1. How lovely =) Hannah Lynn is not exactly my style, but they look like they are so much fun to stitch that I actually got some :D The colors are always so lovely! The Punch of Color you picked is amazing, I am tempted to get this one =) I always though that the white background was not stitched, 20 000 stitches of white sounds like a challenge to me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically the background isn't stitched. Those 20,000 are all in her hat, her arms, her face, her hair and a portion of her overalls. White on white will be a challenge for me, especially since there's no obvious change, but I think it will look better this way than omitting them.

      Delete
  2. Wow great progress so far! I didn't realize these girls had so many colors in them but that's haed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun way to stitch this design! It's going to be great seeing all the colours added once you complete the white.

    ReplyDelete